Is it okay to have Juverderm for parentheses lines 3 months before revision rhinoplasty surgery?

I had closed rhinoplasty in September/13. Now I’m scheduled to have a little touch up (revision) on the tip and bridge of my nose by the end of September/14. But I’m going to Europe on vacation for 3 weeks in July and I’m considering getting Juvederme in nasabolial folds (mild to moderate fines lines). I wonder if the injections around the nasolabial fold area could comprise the revision rhinoplasty?

I would recommend consulting your plastic surgeon before filling your nasolabial folds

I would recommend consulting your plastic surgeon before filling your nasolabial folds. The injections could alter the contour of your face. 

Juvederm Before Rhinoplasty Revision

Thank you for your question. I would suggest waiting until after your rhinoplasty revision procedure so the filler does not change the natural contour of your face. Your surgeon will most likely prefer to go off of your natural appearance in case you do not continue the filler. I would suggest consulting with your surgeon who will be preforming the procedure though before doing it.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm after rhinoplasty

Juvederm is a great procedure for correcting moderate nasolabial lines.  There should be no contraindication in getting Juvederm injected after your rhinoplasty.  I would, of course, check with your plastic surgeon before your injections.

Juvederm

There should be no contraindication for Juvederm around the time of your rhinoplasty.   Give yourself a week or two for recovery for a possible bruise. Best of luck!

Janet Turkle, MD

Fillers before rhinoplasty

You can have fillers before your rhinoplasty or on the same day as your rhinoplasty. Really should not be a problem.  Best of luck.

Fillers before rhinoplasty

It is ok to get fillers a few weeks before rhinoplasty. As long as the filler is not overdone it is ok. If too much filler is used in the parentheses and especially in the alar groove areas it can compromise the blood supply and also distort some of the subtle anatomical features. 
So, do conservative filler and it should be ok.
Regards
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon