Juvederm lip injections: Lips are bruised and swollen (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 4
Bruising and swelling after lip injection are common
Your concern is understandable. Swelling and bruising are common side effects after lip injections, and they will subside. Everyone heals and recovers differently. The lips generally take about 2 weeks to settle with the new product in them, but if you're still concerned, consult your injector in person.
Knowing how to reduce bruising and swelling prior to your next injection may help avoid them altogether. You can minimize bruising by not consuming certain ingredients that cause bruising such as green tea, ginger, and over-the-counter supplements like Omega‑3 pills. Icing the lips immediately after injections and repeated sessions of icing on the lips for the first 24 hours can help relieve symptoms quicker. Elevated sleeping the first night is also recommended to reduce any swelling in the face and lips.
Bruised and Swollen after Juvederm
Expectations following Juvederm Injections to Lips
You might also like...
Chapped lips and bruising after Juvederm injection
- The photo suggests that the injection nicked a small vein in the lips. This caused bruising.
- It may take several weeks to subside. Warm soaks may speed up the absorption.
- Chapping suggests an outbreak of cold sores.
- Call your doctor and discuss a prescription for topical or tablet anti-viral.
- If it is a cold sore outbreak, it should improve in 24 hours. You may need 5 days or longer of treatment.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.