5 Months Post Undereye Juvederm for Hollowness and Dark Circles: Left with a Bag, is This Hemosiderin? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Juvederm under eyes
From your photos I really can't tell what's going on. It's only one eye and it's unclear whether that's a before and after photo or just after photos.
Your best bet is to go back to the doctor that did the treatment and discuss with them. Hopefully they have before photos to compare.
Juvederm is easily removable under the eye with hyaluronidase which dissolves it. I use this frequently on patients who is been unhappy with the juvederm under their eyes from other providers. Only an experienced doctor should be doing these treatments.
Return to your injector for an accurate assessment.
Belotero much better for the Orbit
You might also like...
Juvederm visible under eyes
- The bulge and red discoloration of your lower lid suggests that the injection may have caused a granuloma.
- This is a reaction to any foreign substance that the body finds irritating.
- it may also be swelling from Juvederm injected into muscle.
- Dissolving residual Juvederm may lead the swelling, whatever its cause, to subside.
- This usually requires several very careful injections.
- Without treatment the swelling may persist indefinitely.
- See the doctor who injected you and compare before/after photos.
- If s/he cannot help you, consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Opthalmologist.
- At times, lower eyelid surgery is required but wait at least 18 months as the results may not be perfect. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.