Will there be a lot of bruising on upper and lower lips when Juvederm is injected in these areas?
Will Lips Bruise After Juvederm Injection?
Doctor Answers 15
Bruising after juvederm
Bruising after injections can be multifactorial. If you take anti-inflammatories or aspirin then you will be more prone to bruising. If you are very active just after injections ( go to the gym, etc..) you can bruise more as well.. Some herbals can cause bruising as well.
Any time anything is injected into the lips that doesn't contain epinephrine to reduce bleeding there is the potential for bruising. With that said the lips are incredibly resilient and tend not to bruise much. If you do get bruising it will likely last the standard amount of time 10 days to 2 weeks. But remember it's very uncommon.
Bruising after injections
Bruising is a possibility after any injection - not specific to Juvederm. There really is no way to predict who will bruise and who will not. Factors that increase chance of bruising include taking Aspirin or Motrin within the week before the injections. Some studies show that Arnica Montana, an herbal medication, may help reduce bruising. Make sure that you do not have any plans for important occasions for a few days after the injections in case you do get any bruising. Good luck.
You might also like...
Whenever there is an injection, there is a chance of a bruise. If there is a bruise it is usually small, however, rarely, patients do get large bruises.
Here is your best bet to avoid a bruise.
- Stop any medication or herbal treatments that thin the blood one week prior to the treatment (you should check with your family doctor to be sure it is OK to do this, if the treatment was recommended by a doctor)
- The most common over the counter medications that thin the blood are, Aspirin, Motin, Advil, Aleve (anything that helps a headache that is not Tylenol).
- Many Herbal/Vitamin medications also thin the blood. Some common ones are Vit. E, Fish Oil (the list goes on and on your doctor can supply a list).
- Use ice compresses on your lips immediately after the treatment or a few hours, on and off.
- Avoid heavy excessive for one day
- Try to sleep with your head a little elevated the night of the treatment.
As I mentioned, nothing can guarantee that you will not get a bruise, so if you have a big event get your treatment a few weeks in advance.
Hope this helps.
Avoid Bruising Before Treating
#Restylanesideeffects #Juvedermsideeffects #lipbruising
Juvederm Side Effects
#BruisingwithJuvederm #treatingbruises #bruisingtreatments
Bruising on lips after juvederm
Minimizing bruising with lip Juvederm injection
Lips do tend to bruise with filler injection. The bruising can be minimized, however. In particular, injecting via special cannulas rather than needles has tremendously reduced bruising and swelling in my practice.
Bruising after injectables
While hard to predict the future, there are a couple of things that may lead to an increased chance of bruising. NSAIDS, (Ibuprofen, Aspirin, etc;) Vitamins, (A and E), Herbal supplementation, (ginkgo, St. John's Wart, etc:) can all increase bruising. It would be great if you could be off of them two weeks prior to the procedure. Always check with your regular doctor before changing medicines. Afterward our office likes ice and Arnica, (an herbal supplement), to try and decrease bruising.