How long does it take for the internal swelling to go away & for me to be able to sleep laying down? (photos)

I had nasal airway reconstruction, submucosal nasal turbinates and bilateral endosopic sinus surgery on april 19, 2015.

Swelling after seinus surgery

The largest portion of swelling of the nose will be better within a couple of weeks after surgery. The remainder of the swelling can take many months to improve. Most people are breathing better than before surgery within a couple of weeks. You should see your surgeon. You always have an option of a second opinion should you not recover as rapidly as you expect.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing after surgery

Healing after sinus and nasal surgery depends on many factors.  The internal swelling can take weeks to months depending on severe your sinus infection was.

I recommend you follow up with your surgeon and share your concerns.

He/She will be able to give you an idea of how long it will take for you to heal.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon