No bra post op after breast reduction/ lift surgery. Any suggestions?

My plastic surgeon said absolutely NO bra post op for breast reduction/lift. I am 63 yrs old. I see all posts here recommend bra for 4-6 weeks. Please help before I schedule apt.

Bra or not

Some surgeons recommend bras and others do not. Some like sports bras others do not. Best to go with what your surgeon prefers.

A snug bra that zips in the front would be most comfortable for you in the postop period.  This can support the dressings as well without any tape.  As long as it is not too tight it should be fine, but consult your surgeon first.  Best wishes, Dr. T.

Bra or no bra after reduction

How surgeons manage their patients post-operatively varies across the board.  I personally have my patients where a "no underwire" bra around the clock for 6 weeks after breast reduction surgery.  Obviously your surgeon has a different approach.  To put your mind at ease, I suggest you discuss this issue with your surgeon BEFORE the procedure, and hear from him/her what the plan is and why.  Best of luck.

You should follow the postop protocols of your chosen surgeon! I always use a postop surgical bra, but that is me.