Is there any way besides medical loans to pay off FTM top surgery after having the surgery done?

I am fighting my insurance to help me cover my surgery but I am not sure that will happen soon. Due to the size of my chest I have trouble working and am not making enough right now to pay my surgery in full. I don't have good credit and can not seem to get approved for a medical loan. Can anyone give me an idea of how to pay it off and what the cost of Top surgery in Texas is?

Paying for FTM surgery

Thank goodness the tides are changing, and more insurance companies are now considering covering Top Surgery. It may be worth continuing to fight as the political climate and the affordable care act continue to support medical care for trans patients. 
I am not in Texas so have no first hand knowledge, but you might check out the possibility of a resident clinic at one of the teaching hospitals. If they already have experiences surgeons that can staff or oversee a resident you might be able to have your surgery at a discounted rate.If you have no other options it is worth looking into.
Best of luck.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Insurance coverage for Transgender surgery. #insurance #top surgery

Thank you for your question!  At our office in Foster City Northern California Bay Area, we offer multiple methods to accomplish your transition.  While financing is available, qualifying may not be successful for everyone. Fortunately, insurance companies have been increasingly more amenable to covering transgender related surgery.  Our office will advocate for all our patients for coverage for surgery.  The process includes verifying insurance coverage.  Then we would submit prior authorization to the companies on our patient's behalf.  If any further questions regarding coverage are present by the patient, calling the physician's office for assistance would be appropriate.  While this doesn't always work, this would be another way to accomplish your transition. Some states are more friendly towards transgender coverage by insurance companies.  

I hope this helps! 

Surgery payment

The surgery has to be paid in full somehow before the operation.  Loans, credit cards, CareCredit, crowd funding.