Would it be possible for me to have successful FTM chest masculinization? (Photo)

I am 20 years old, 5'6", about 205 lbs. I wear a 36 G, and only gained one size when I gained weight. I was a 36 F when I was 150 lbs. It is very hard for me to lose weight. I have a lot or dense tissue. I am wanting to have top surgery but I am scared that it will not work out with the size of my chest.

FTM top surgery

Based on your photos, I would suggest a double incision mastectomy with a free nipple graft. This can be done but its important that you choose the right surgeon to do it. Be sure that you choose a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in FTM top surgery and works closely with the transgender community. 

FTM surgery

It is possible to perform a FTM chest masculinization procedure.  Based on your photos, you would require a double incision mastectomy with free nipple grafting.  Best wishes. 

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS

Absolutely !

A no vertical scar breast reduction/ mastectomy would be a perfect option for you along with liposuction of the side of the chest. You need to reach your ( close to) optimal weight before proceeding. You can obtain a nice result with this technique. Research a board certified plastic surgeon proficient in this technique.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

FTM TOP Surgery

Hi Drake95,
Thanks for the post and photo. It is always better to undergo surgery when one is closer to their optimal weight. That being said, I have performed TOP surgery on patients with your breast size and you will require double incision with free nipple graft technique. This will not only serve to masculinize your chest but will relieve any symptoms you may be having from having large breasts (such as neck or upper back pain).

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

MASTECTOMY

It is possible to perform a successful mastectomy procedure with the double incision technique if all extra skin, fat and gland is removed in the process. Your surgeon should be well experienced and comfortable in performing the procedure in order to have excellent results. You are a candidate for the double incision Mastectomy. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Gender confirming surgery for overweight trans man

As with all surgery, the best time to do the procedure is when you are in your optimal health. Of course, your health is better when you weigh less, but your weight has not led to other conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or blood clots. Also, you do not smoke. Therefore you are at a good place for your transition surgery.
Be sure to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon that frequently does this procedure as there are several unique aspects to transition breast surgery.

I hope that this helps you.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD

FTM breast surgery

Thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, you will need a double incision mastectomy with free nipple graft to achieve your best result. I have performed FTM breast surgery on patients with similar breast size and achieved good results.  Obviously, it is important to keep the breast size proportional to the rest of the patient's body, so when performing the surgery in a heavier FTM patient, I make sure the leave enough sub cutaneous fat to keep overall harmony.  Congrats and best of luck on your transition.

FTM Top surgery

Dear Drake95,
Whether you are at your current weight or 50 pounds lighter the surgical procedure will likely be the same (mastectomy with free nipple graft or what is refered to as a "double incision"). Important factors also include that you are a non smoker, off blood thinners, and in good health. It is also best if you meet the WPATH recommended criteria for surgery and have good support system while you heal.
Best of luck on your wonderful transformation!

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon