Asymmetrical lip on smilling but symmetrical at rest

I had filler injected in my upper lip and nasolabial folds for 14 days now everything is fine at rest but my lip is asymmetric at smilling but symmetric at rest. I used to have a really beautiful smile before filler. I'm really afraid that a permanent damage occured and I would never get my smile back. Would you kindly help me.

Asymmetry from Lip Fillers

If you are unhappy with the lips fillers then I would recommend returning to your treating physician for Vitrase injections. Vitrase will dissolve the injections in a matter of days.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip augmentation

Thank you for your question.  You should discuss your concerns with your injector.  The most common fillers for the lips are hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers such as Juvederm.  The results are temporary, lasting about 1 year.  If you are unhappy with the outcome, HAs are dissolvable with an enzyme (hyaluronidase).  An in-person physical exam would be necessary to evaluate your concerns.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon