Can Voluma cause my nose to swell?

I had Voluma 4 days ago in cheeks. Yesterday the tip of my nose on one side appeared noticeably swollen even though it is not red or sore. I have a 3 year old scar running down the length of my nose from moh surgery that people are now noticing for the first time as after Voluma it appears more prominent. I can't understand what is happening and my dr is travelling for a conference. Am panicking. Have l caused myself irreversible damage?

Voluma and Nasal Swelling

Nasal swelling from Voluma can happen from the scar tissue.  I would immediately return to your treating physician for examination and possible Vitrase to remove the product.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma & Scar swelling

It sounds as if there is swelling due to the scar tissue on that side. Sleep with your head elevated and you could try cold compresses to bring down the swelling. If it doesn't resolve on its own in the next week, see your surgeon. One of the good things about Voluma is that it is reversible. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Swelling related to scar

I would not panic, from what you described I would attribute the swelling to the scar you have on that side. The scar tissue can affect how the lymphatics drain on that side. Keep your head elevated and use cold compresses, if no change in a week return to your surgeon. Voluma is not permanent, it can be reversed. 

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Swelling around nose from Voluma

This is probably caused by the abnormal lymphatic drainage as a result of the prior surgery. It should settle down with conservative measures such as head of bed elevation when sleeping and waiting. There is nothing permanent about Voluma and it can be reversed if needed. If there is a lot of concern, there is always someone covering for your doctor that can see you.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Can Voluma cause my nose to swell?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your nasal swelling.  If the swelling took place three days after Voluma placement it is unlikely to have been the source of your nasal swelling.  I would recommend seeing your injector to have them evaluate the swelling and offer possible treatment options - antiinflammatories, cold/warm compresses, etc.  You have not caused any irreversible damage, but it would be best to get it checked out.  Best wishes.