What should I ask exactly for in rhinoplasty ? (Photo)

I have been wanting to get a rhinoplasty since so long because i hate the shape of my nose ,now i feel like my nose has lots of issues i for sure know the bumb is one of them and i want it removed and when i smile the tip tilts downwords i wanted lifted but the wideth is a little bit tricky when I don't smile it's sort of normal it's a little wide just not too much but when i smile it gets so huge and i also want it shortend since its so tall but also with completely natural result

Rhinoplasty Consultation

To start, list the top three things that cause you concern regarding
your nose. Try to identify what specifically you want to change. Take this list to your consultation so you can work with your
surgeon to develop a realistic plan for reaching your surgery goals.
You need a surgeon who is a true expert. An expert is one who is Experienced and performs rhinoplasty frequently at least 2-3 times
a week, has Expertise and has written and teaches others about rhinoplasty, and one who can show you Excellent results. This
should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Otolaryngologist with expertise in Rhinoplasty.

#drrodrohrich#rhinoplasty#plasticsurgery

What to ask for at consultation

At consultation  you will show the surgeon what it is that you do not like about your nose. Also tell him or her, exactly what type of nose you don't want to have.
The surgeon will go over the plan with you, and tell you how realistic your expectations are.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and revision

I think that you need to present for consultation and review your goals in person.  A full nasal analysis is warranted.  Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, narrowing the bridge line and refining the tip. This important to lift the nasal tip cartilages as well. In addition, releasing the depressor septi ligament is required to prevent the tip from drooping when smiling. Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience  creating natural results.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction. It is very important that you thoroughly research your surgeon before committing to surgery. It is a good idea to research your surgeon's educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had surgery with that surgeon. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your surgeon and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the surgeon, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified expert surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD