How can I remove a beauty mark/mole in my nose? (Photo)

I really want to remove it but I'm afraid of scars and I don't know which doctor I should go I want to do it can i do it with laser ?

Doctor Answers 3

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Moles can be removed cosmetically with procedures or lasers in the office. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Nose Mole

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A shave removal would give you an excellent cosmetic result.  Find a dermatologist or plastic surgeon with lots of experience and see what he or she says.  It's always easier to give you a better answer in person.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist
4.9 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Mole on nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You will only be swapping your mole for a scar, it is not like you do not have anything there at the moment.The scar will be smaller if the mole is smaller, the mole can be shaved, in which case the scar will be the same size as the mole and flat and paler probably, or excised in which case the scar will be approximately 3 times as long as the mole is wide (perhaps a little shorter) and the scar will stretch.Laser is, as far as I know, not an option for this type of mole, judging from your photograph.Good luck!

Barbara Jemec, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.