Please check this laser machine that my clinic has? (photo)

Is it as effective as the Alexandrite laser for removing dark hair on light skin? Thank you

Laser hair removal

I believe this laser is by a company called Syneron.  It employs Elos technology which means it combines radiofrequency with a 810 nm diode laser. By coupling these two energies, typically less light energy is required for laser hair removal.  It can also be used for all skin types  While it is not an alexandrite laser, diode lasers have been shown to be as effective for hair removal.  My personal preference is the alexandite laser such as the Candela Gentlase or Cynosure Elite platform.

All the best

Dr Soni

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician