I'm a transgender and i want to perform a forehead recontouring surgery.

Im a transgender and i want to perform a forehead recontouring surgery soon but the problem that i suffer from a minimal to mild Chronic sinusitis. I have pain in the forehead and above of my eyes and headache and runny nose. Can i perform the surgery with this problem ? or best to delay the surgery until i completely heal? Thank you

Can be done

Hello - The sinusitis shouldn't be active, and I do this many times a week and  we typically recommend you have the sinusitis be under control (at least not active).  Then during the procedure if I see any signs of infection we fix it!

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead reduction

I recommend that you resolve all sinus problems with a specialist before embarking on any contouring procedure   

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Sometimes bony forehead reduction invovles opening the frontal sinuses. It makes good sense to be freeof sinus disease before surgery. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you never lost hair then the surgery for hairline lowering might work provided that you have no source of testosterone in your body. Otherwise a hair transplant hair line powering procedure is a better apporach. See reference below for a good explanation of the process including some limited video

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon