Can I get veneers if my bicuspids were removed?

I have a small mouth and had my bicuspids removed due to crowding to have braces placed. I want to get veneers and want to look like I have bicuspids along with all the other regular teeth seen in a bright smile. I'm guessing the "bicuspid" veneers would be placed on teeth that are not actually the bicuspid teeth. And, how would the adjacent teeth be treated to create a smile with the full set of teeth? Please advise.

Smile makeover and missing bicuspids

You may still have veneers for a sensational smile even though you've had bicuspids removed. Seek a talented cosmetic dentist who can study and plan your case.  I just took impressions for veneers on a patient with missing bicuspids  last week.  I had already taken a lot of pictures and pre operative impressions to study and make measurements.  We are broadening her smile and whitening it with conservative, thin veneers which did not require aggressive removal of enamel.  She had short teeth which would have still looked short even with new veneers, so we did esthetic crown lengthening six weeks earlier and now her new veneers are now going to look the proper length. Always study the gum line and the lip line with your cosmetic dentist before any work is done so that you can get the final result you are hoping for.

Douglas Jopling,  DDS
Dallas,  Texas area

Smile makeover porcelain veneers

Removing bicuspids for orthodontic treatment is an old-school way to handle crowding, but sometimes becomes more necessary when adults are having treatment for the first time. When veneers are desired to change the overall appearance, you can still end up with the smile of your dreams! It all depends on having a team of a skilled cosmetic dentist and a skilled cosmetic dental laboratory technician who communicate well with you prior to treatment to aching excellent results! Usually through the "magic of porcelain" your first molars can be made to look like your second premolars, and the cheek-side of your teeth can be made fuller to "broaden" your smile visually. Best of luck!

Porcelain #veneers are possible even with missing bicuspids #DrSoftTouch

Veneers can be used to give you the smile you've always dreamed of, even though you've had bicuspids removed. A skillful cosmetic dentist can make your first molars look like premolars and give you a broad, beautiful smile.  Your results really depend on the skill of the cosmetic dentist that you select. I would recommend researching doctors on this site and viewing before and after photos of their actual patients. This is a pretty good indication of what results you can expect for yourself.  I hope this helps.  Just click save under my photo to ask me more questions in the future.

Veneers and Missing Bicuspids

You can have porcelain veneers even if you are missing your first bicuspids.  The narrow smile is normal for these cases and placing porcelain veneers correctly can broaden your smile.  Find a cosmetic dentist with a great deal of experience call them for a consultation to see if you are a good candidate for this procedure.  

Veneers to change shape , size and form

yes, it can be done, a smile analysis needs to be done, the buccal corridor is important, no matter if you have a small mouth, needs to be aesthetical. the shape of the cupids or bicuspids can be modified with a good waxing analysis.

Porcelain veneers

Yes you are one hundred percent right.  A talented cosmetic dentist can make your teeth look like a bicuspid and the adjacent teeth to follow the smile line.  I have done this many time and the results are amazing.  Make sure you choose an experienced cosmetic dentist that uses a great lab.   

A Beautiful Smile with Missing Bicuspids

Hi There!  You can have exactly the smile you want with porcelain veneers.  A skilled cosmetic dentist and a skilled dental ceramist can give you exactly that.  Search out your options in your area.  You might consider going to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, for a list of qualified professionals in your area.  Good luck!  You can definitely get what you want!

Missing bicuspids

Veneering smiles with missing bicuspids is an everyday procedure for an experienced cosmetic dentist. Typically what is done is the first molars on each side are veneered in such a way as to make them appear to be bicuspids. They can also be contoured to fill out your smile in a more pleasing way. 

Sue Wendling, DMD
Portland Dentist