is there somewhere i can look up images of someone close to my size with the implants i am looking to obtain?

im 30 yr old. 5'5" 125 lbs fairly thin. i currently have 400cc and one ruptured and am getting ready to go up in size. but i want to know what they will look like or close to it. i am wanting to see images of sizes ranging up from 400cc. i go in for my physical on the 31st and just want to have a more informed choice when i go in. thanks in advance

Implant selection

The best way to get sized appropriately is go in for a consultation, review your goals, and be examined. Best of luck.

Breast Implants/Breast Reduction/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Picking an Implant

Choosing an implant is the most important decision you can make in breast augmentation (aside from choosing your surgeon).  You are right, it can be difficult to find an exact before/after of somebody who matches your breast size and shape and chest frame exactly.  You may want to have a consultation with a doctor who has computer simulation (we have the Vectra), as this will allow you to visualize what the implants will look like on your own body.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Is there somewhere i can look up images of someone close to my size with the implants i am looking to obtain?

Thank you for the question.  You may find the attached gallery (thousands of images) helpful to you. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

Anticipating post surgery result is tricky

There are many ways to try to simulate what the post operative result after breast implant surgery will be.  Certainly, looking at before and after pictures on the internet, and especially this website, is invaluable.  You must compare apples to apples though, only pay attention to photos of women that look like you.  Trying on implant sizers at the plastic surgeon's office or using computer simulation is also helpful.  At home, bags of rice can give you an idea of what "look" you would like to achieve.  Probably the most important source of information will be your plastic surgeon who can steer you towards the best size implant to achieve the result you desire.A good rule of thumb for women who want to increase their breast size in a remove and replace procedure to make "a noticeable difference" you will need to increase the implant size at least 50% in volume.  So, if you old size was 400 cc, then you should be looking at the new implant size of 600 cc ( 50% of 400 is 200, 400 + 200 = 600 cc).Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon