What can be done about my nose ugliness? Surgical and otherwise (photos)

What is the scientific name of my nose ugliness so I can research it further? I can touch my tongue to my nose quite easily so I think my nose is too close to my lip.

Unattractive nose

Your nose is disproportionally too large for your facial features.
You need a reduction rhinoplasty to reduce and shorten the nose and refine the tip. I would use a closed rhinoplasty to achieve these goals.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Scientific Name of nasal deformities

Hey, thank you for your question and photos. The typical description of your nose from my patients would be " my nose is too large for my face," the clinical description would be a " dorsal hump, over projected, poorly defined, ptotic nasal tip and thick skin".  Your facial harmony would be improved by making your nose smaller and more refined.  Please see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Preoperative computer simulation would be beneficial for you and your surgeon.  Thanks again, best !

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Dear Reader,
Thank you for your question.  You would be a perfect patient for Rhinoplasty!  By feminizing the nose, lowering the dorsal hump (bridge of your nose) shortening the length and gently tipping it upwards would be a great improvement. 

We use the open rhinoplasty approach, you will have a cast and tape on your nose for approx. 10 days, most of the swelling will reside after a couple weeks to see a noticeable improvement.  Although, full healing can take up to a year. 

Always consult with a Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. 

Best of Luck!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a great candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery. To change the downward tip and projection of your nose is something you could consider. I recommend that you book an in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in Rhinoplasty. Choose to meet with someone who's before and after photos appeal to you. At your consultation they will examine you and discuss your aesthetic goals. It may be helpful to bring photo examples of what you are aiming for.

All the best!

Nose

eggspoonfly, interesting name! you are not a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty but you are an excellent candidate for surgical rhinoplasty. See a specialist with years of experience. Search the Internet! Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

the dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be shaved down in order to remove it. Osteotomies of the nasal bones with and he required narrow the bridge line. This will also help decrease the overall projection of the nose.For many examples of rhionplasty, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

If you are unhappy with your nose, you should go for consultation with a plastic surgeon and discuss your specific concerns and goals. Best of luck!