Tight and achy 6 weeks post op Tummy Tuck. Any suggestions?

Should my stomach still be tight and achy at 6 weeks post op tt? As soon as I take my compression garment off my stomach gets kind of sore and tender. If it's off for too long, my tummy gets extra tight and tender. My surgery was done in another state so no aftercare.

Sore tummy

I inform all my patients that they will have almost daily "reminders" that they had surgery for at least six months. This is common and normal to experience.

This type of thing I see commonly with my patients and it can take up to 4 months from surgery to go away completely, if it is just normal healing. You need to be see by a PS to determine that.

Tight & Achy Tummy: Out-Of-State Patient

Thanks for submitting your question! While it is extremely common to have your plastic surgery done in another state—we have patients fly in from out-of-state all the time—it’s still critical that you follow up with your surgeon. Several great methods of communication that we use with our out-of-state patients are Skype, FaceTime, etc. This allows us to address any complications that the patient might be facing post op + answer any questions. As for your question regarding discomfort at 6 weeks post op, this is extremely normal in tummy tuck patients, and most likely nothing major is wrong. In saying this, close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended to ensure that you are healing properly. Best of luck to you!

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (6 weeks post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tight and Achy

Dear ms76maria,
Thank you for your question. It is common to still be tight and achy for several months after a tummy tuck procedure. Having had an operation done on your abdomen, it is not uncommon to have these aches since you use your core for basically every movement you make. If you are concerned I suggest having an in person visit with your operating surgeon. Best of luck. 

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your surgery.  In most cases patients who undergo a muscle repair and tummy tuck have residual soreness and a tight feeling for several months after their procedure.  Though each day and week should show improvement, it would be natural to still have your symptoms at 6 weeks.  Be sure to voice any concerns to your surgeon, even if they are out of state, they know the details of your procedure better than anyone.