Will this affect my hernia in any way? (photos)

I have had 2 repairs of a reoccurring hernia I have not been back to receive my third repair in which I was told to loose weight before I can have my surgery. I was thinking of having a cool sculpting procedure done in place of my surgery.

Hernia and CoolSculpting

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting is not meant to treat over previous hernia repairs due to the strong suction of the applicator. I would recommend speaking to your doctor to have the hernia fixed first. Should you still be interested in CoolSculpting, seek out a certified plastic surgeon to see where exactly you are looking to be treated. If the amount of fat in the area is small and not directly over the repair, Zeltiq has a CoolSmooth Pro applicator that may be sufficient. 

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Hernias

If you have a hernia you cannot have coolsculpting in the same area. I suggest you see an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

#CoolSculpting with hernia

You can have CoolSculpting with a hernia only if it is not administered over the area of the hernia.  I hope this is helpful!  Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

CoolSculpting Over A Hernia

I would not perform CoolSculpting directly over your hernia. I would recommend following your surgeon's orders and getting your hernia fixed first.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Can't do coolsculpting with hernias

Thank you for the great question and photos.  Havin a hernia is a contraindication for coolsculpting. Because the machine is using suction to pull the fat into the applicator you don't want your hernia pulled in there as well! Best of luck with you next surgery!~Dr  Sieber