What's the difference between Brazilian butt lift and the fat transfer? (Photo)

I'm wondering which procedure would offer best results for my size. I'm 5'10" and weigh 255. Do I need to lose some weight first? How much fat can be removed and how much would I need to receive the results I want? I'm attaching a pic of myself and a pic of what I want as well.

What's the difference between Brazilian butt lift and the fat transfer?

Thanks for your question. Your wish photo is unrealistic based on your current body shape and weight. It is important for you to have realistic expectations. You may be sadly disappointed otherwise. The patent should ideally be as near the ideal weight as possible. That being said, I realize that it can become very difficult for some patients that have plateaued. You have enough fat for a BBL or fat transfer to the buttocks (same thing) but need to realize the limitations of the procedures. You will eventually need a tummy tuck which I definitely do not advise to do at the same time as a BBL.

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in liposuction and fat transfers. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We can accommodate patients from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up. Good luck Dr PG

The Brazilian buttlift involves transfer of fat to the buttocks.  Weight loss followed by a 5 liter liposuction and BBL would be reasonable.

Brazilian butt lift?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

With the BBL, your surgeon will take fat from your body, in most cases your abdomen, and transfer it to areas of your butt, working to create the perfect structure and contour.

We cannot be certain without a consultation, but I believe that you could certainly achieve the results you are looking through a BBL.

Remember, only consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in the BBL and body contouring. And don't be afraid to request before-and-after pictures. Every surgeon has a different style, so you want to be sure your vision is reflected in the work they have done.

It is all about designing the perfect plan for You.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

- Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Brazilian Butt Lift and Fat

A Brazilian Butt Lift and fat transfer to the buttocks are one and the same procedure. Your wish picture is unobtainable result given where your body is now You might be able to achieve about halfway towards that look.

BBL is a fat transfer to the buttock area

Fat transfer is when fat is liposuctioned and then injected somewhere else.  BBL is one particular application of this procedure.  BBL is a fat transfer to the buttock area.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Bbl

Fat transfer to the hips and buttocks constitutes a bbl. A 20 pound weight loss would do wonders for your result.

cheers

David Shifrin, MD

BBL is a fat transfer procedure

I would recommend you lose weight before opting for the BBL procedure.  

The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

They are both same procedures, you do have to loose 25 pounds in order to be in a 32 BMI so that you are healthy enough for this procedure. The Health department allowed up to 4000 cc of fat to be removed in a procedure like this one and you will have enough fat to be transferred to your buttocks. 

To archive the required results you will need a tummy tuck after this procedure as your skin will be loose and with the tummy tuck you will have a liposuction as well which is included in the tummy tuck.
Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.