What can I do to remove/improve this old scar on my nose? Its from a childhood accident resulting in stitches 20 yrs ago.(photo)

What can i do to remove or improve this old scar on my nose? When i touch it i feel the scar line. When i use makeup you can still see it. Also Ive had it for 20 years. You can see it better in person then in in my puctures. I fell as a child smacked it on the corner of a weight lifting weight rack. I got a few stitches. 20 years later. This is what im rocking.

Scar on Nose-- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers

This needs a combination of lasers and fillers like bellafill.  I suggest seeing an expert in scarring and cosmetic laser treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Scar on the nose tip

I would start with Plato's Scar Serum. Assuming the scar is not tethered, I would suggest Restylane injections to build up the atrophy.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Scar on the nose tip

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Scar on nose

The scar on your nose is most noticeable because it is depressed.  This depression creates a shadow line when light shines on it making it more noticeable.  I would recommend a complete excision of the scar with everted suture closure followed by dermabrasion 6-8 weeks later.  Hope this helps.

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar on nose

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon