I have this mole under my right buttock. It's raised out, changes in color and itches to the point of bleeding at times (Photo)

should i be worried??

When in Doubt-Call Your Dr.

If you are concerned about a mole, or it has symptoms like itching, burning, pain or bleeding, please do not hesitate and have it removed. Please consult your Dr again orĀ go to a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in mole removal and lasers so you can limit the scarring. Best, Dr. Emer.

Changing, Itching, Bleeding Mole. What to Do?

Go see a dermatologist right away. The ABCDEs of melanoma are A for Asymmetry, B for border (irregular, jagged or blurred), C for Color (red, white, blue, black), D for Diameter (larger than 5 mm or size of a pencil eraser), E for Evolving or changing. Not all melanomas have all of these characteristics by the way. Best option is to learn how to do a complete self examination each month. See your dermatologist. That pigmented lesion needs to be checked out right away.

Andrew Kaufman, MD