5 weeks post op and very intense pain behind belly button. (photos)

My recovery thus far has been fine. With the exception of an infection that opened up my incision. It was treated and the hole has closed with the exception of a tiny hole. Now I'm having pain particularly on the same side as that infection and an intense pain behind my belly button. The pulling is so severe it stops me from walking or I have to walk with ease. I have no ferver and no redness. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Swelling and Pain after Surgery

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. You can return to full activity without restrictions at 6 weeks.

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. It also may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

Now, with any of these issues during the healing process there is always the chance for muscle tightness and pain. If you find yourself concerned at all with your healing process it would be a good idea to visit your surgeon to have the area examined for proper healing. Good luck!

5 weeks post op and very intense pain behind belly button.

Although your photos are limited- it appears that your result and condition at present are acceptable. In the absence of major signs and symptoms of infection I would follow your Plastic Surgeon's advice and continue wth the follow up care.