9 days post-op breast lift with 550cc silicone implants. Left implant still high under muscle. Right has dropped? (Photo)

Right implant looks natural and feels comfortable. The left is still tight and sitting high. My doc told me to apply pressure on top of implant and hold. I'm not sure if I should be concerned. I have heard from other women that they wore some type of binder after their surgeries. Is this something I should consider? HELP!

Post breast lift with augmentation

At 10 days it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. Give your body time to heal as it can take 3 months to see your results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck!

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry Following Breast Augmentation

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.
But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit.
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

High implant

Your implant is clearly sitting high on the left.  It is quite early in your recovery and implants drop at different rates.  I am not convinced that breast straps make a difference.  Try arm stretching exercises on that side.
Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Early Healing

Your best resource is your plastic surgeon.  Many times a breast binder is helpful in this early stage.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Early post-op questions about result

It is best to address your concerns to your plastic surgeon at this point as only he or she knows what exactly was done during surgery, etc. and can give you the best advice.

Breast implant position

I can clearly see that the implant in the photo is high at this time. Submuscular implants will very commonly ride high for several days or a few weeks. I regularly use the breast band with breast augmentations, but not when I add a lift because I do not want excess pressure on the lift incisions. Your implant should drop with time. Discuss all with your surgeon. Good luck.

Implants and healing

Each breast may respond a bit differently to implants.  You need to give it 3-4 months minimum to see how they settle. Some can take longer. Any specifics like a use of a band, should be directed to your surgeon.