How likely is it that my seromas will go away on their own after breast reduction? (Photos)

I am 4 weeks post-op and I still have 2 seromas underneath each breast. They have been drained several times. The first time 35cc was aspirated from the left breast and 18cc from the right. The doctor was only able to get 6cc of fluid off my right breast yesterday & hasn't tried to drain the left since I developed Mondor's disease. Do you think surgery is in my future or willl it be reabsorbed by my body? Also, how common is it for someone to develop 2 seromas AND Mondor's Disease?

Seromas

A serum can develop and if the fluid volume is going down, you may not need any  further surgery.  Best of luck.

Lipo-lift, breast lift, breast reduction, mastopexy, benelli, augmentation mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

Seromas can happen with any surgical procedure. 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS