Will my indented breast ever round out and if not, what can be done about it? (Photos)

I am 4 weeks post op and my left breast especially has the appearance of being indented or being pulled back too much. Do you think this will ever round out? If not, what options do I have to improve the shape? Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my question.

Early post-op

It might be a bit too soon. You have to give it 3-4 months minimum to settle a bit. Best of luck.....

Will my indented breast ever round out and if not, what can be done about it?

What you see at 4 weeks most likely will improve with time. Considerable change in shape can be expected to take place as tissues settle and scar tissue maturation takes place. You will most probably see a significant improvement at six months after the surgery.

Gurmander Singh Kohli, MD, FACS

Indentation

Although you have a fairly obvious contour irregularity since it is only 4 weeks out from surgery it should improve as time goes on. As the tissue settles the shape should improveĀ 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Early contour issues

At one month, it is difficult to say if your depression will correct with time.  It is too early to tell at one month.  Continue to follow your surgeons recommendations and follow-up as scheduled.  If the depression does not round out over the next several months, you may require a small revision in the area or fat grafting.  Both of which can be done as minor procedure, sometimes without anesthesia.  Good luck!

Kelly Killeen, MD