Will my indented breast ever round out and if not, what can be done about it? (Photos)

I am 4 weeks post op and my left breast especially has the appearance of being indented or being pulled back too much. Do you think this will ever round out? If not, what options do I have to improve the shape? Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my question.

Lipo-lift, breast lift, breast reduction, mastopexy, benelli, augmentation mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

It takes 6-12 months to heal. Please address your concerns wth your surgeon around then.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Early post-op

It might be a bit too soon. You have to give it 3-4 months minimum to settle a bit. Best of luck.....

Will my indented breast ever round out and if not, what can be done about it?

What you see at 4 weeks most likely will improve with time. Considerable change in shape can be expected to take place as tissues settle and scar tissue maturation takes place. You will most probably see a significant improvement at six months after the surgery.

Gurmander Singh Kohli, MD, FACS

Indentation

Although you have a fairly obvious contour irregularity since it is only 4 weeks out from surgery it should improve as time goes on. As the tissue settles the shape should improve 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Early contour issues

At one month, it is difficult to say if your depression will correct with time.  It is too early to tell at one month.  Continue to follow your surgeons recommendations and follow-up as scheduled.  If the depression does not round out over the next several months, you may require a small revision in the area or fat grafting.  Both of which can be done as minor procedure, sometimes without anesthesia.  Good luck!

Kelly Killeen, MD