I have grown some sort of extra skins just below my vaginal opening. I'd like to know what is it and it's causes.

They have been there for quite some time and now I'm starting to worry. They are not painful, they get itchy sometimes but the itchiness is mild and bearable.

Doctor Answers 7

Extra Skins

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for your question. I definitely agree with the others here and that you should first visit your gynecologist for an initial evaluation. If you find that you may need or desire some rejuvenation surgery you will be able to easily determine whether you are a candidate.Women have a wide range of normal  color, texture, size and asymmetries of their genitilia. This is true of the Vulva and all of its parts, the same as other parts of the body. Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals , or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections. More specific problems are noted below in each section. These problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor.

Without a photo anything goes for extra skins

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Go see your gynecologist. I can think of several things that fit the description you gave, but without a photo no one can tell you what you have or whether you should be concerned.

Skin tags below vaginal opening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is impossible to give you specific advice without a photo. Many women develop hymenal tags and even anal tags that can be removed in the office under local anesthesia.You should see a gynecologist to get a diagnosis. If they say it's nothing to worry about and its normal, but don't offer to remove them, then seek out consultation with a cosmetic vaginal surgeon. Below is a link with advice on identifying the best surgeon for you. 

Need more information

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for question.  Based on what you have described, it is too difficult to play the guess game.   Can you send some pics so we can visually see what you are referring to.Thank you

Extra Skin Causing Worry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Good  Afternoon and thank you for your question. Without a photo it is almost impossible to make a diagnosis in that an exact location of the extra tissue can only be guessed. Being that this is now causing you worry It would be best to see your gynecologist and obtain an accurate diagnosis.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Skin below vaginal opening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear Kamog:
Thanks for the question.  It is very difficult to give a diagnosis without a photo as I am not exactly sure as to the absolute location as well I don't really know what the skin tag looks like.  Skin tags below the vaginal opening would probably mean it is on the perineum or on the anus. Tags in this area are most commonly remnants of a perineal surgery or an episiotomy or anal skin tags.  Do your self a favor and go to your gynecologist to get a diagnosis.
John R  Miklos MDUrogynecologist  & Cosmetic Vaginal SurgeonAtlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Extra Skin around Vaginal Opening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Extra skin tags as you describe are not unusual around the vaginal opening. Consult with your regular gynecologist to get an accurate and appropriate assessment. For information about labiaplasty and vaginoplasty in general, please click on the link below.All the best.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.