What is JJ Miracle Lift?

I was considering a JJ Miracle Lift, which is being introduced as an amazingly advanced version of old contour thread lift, and which also seemed too good to be true. I didn't realize it, until I read so many negative reviews here about contour thread lifts. Is it true that JJ Miracle Lift results last only a year maximum (like the old contour thread lift)? I don't want to waste my $4000 on a failure lift.

No miracles and no guarantees in medicine or surgery

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.  I'm also suspect of anything with the word miracle in it (even 'miracle whip' is no miracle -- its mayonaisse; and the 'miracle bra' was just another push up).  I advise you to pick your physician first, the procedure after.  Find a residency trained cosmetic physician (dermatologist, plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon) who will give you an excellent evaluation and is known for honesty. She can lay out a realistic noninvasive therapeutic plan if that is appropriate for you. No physician wants bad results and one of the first things we teach aesthetic docs is how to set realistic expectations for patients. If she feels noninvasive procedures won't provide the results you are looking for, she will tell you.  As a cosmetic dermatologist, my practice is limited to noninvasive or minimally invasive procedures.  If I think a patient is better served with surgery, I will refer him or her out to a surgical colleague.  

I hope that answers your question.  Best wishes.

Same old.......

I hate to say it but there are NO shortcuts in Facelift surgery. I have performed many thread procedures and was universally unimpressed. Even if the initial results we good they did not last.

When I am consulting with a patient I inform them that a mini-facelift is a far better choice to improve facial aging (in a less invasive manner). Of course many patients require a full facelift for adequate rejuvenation --- but even in folks that elect for the mini-lift when they should have had the full lift do better than the thread patients

Depending on where you live the mini-lift if often not that much more expensive than the thread procedure!

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon