Should I have Botox at 24?

Hello I am 24 years old and I have a line between my eye brows, do you advise me to do botox? is it dangerous? how often am I going to have to do it for? thanks

Botox

Thank you for your question marianola91. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the vertical lines between the brows seen when one frowns. Botox is a very safe treatment and I have many patients in their twenties who have the treatment. Most people enjoy the results of their Botox treatments for 3-4 months. At that point another treatment can be done. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox Injections

Thanks for your question. Botox is a very safe treatment that helps relax the overactive muscles that cause lines and wrinkles. It is important to find a board certified physician who has experience injecting Botox in order for you to get the most ideal result.There is an art to injecting Botox in order to get the best possible outcome with lowest rate of complication. I recommend scheduling a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon who can assess you to make sure that you are a good candidate for Botox injections. Botox can be used as a great preventative treatment for younger patients who are concerned about a line or wrinkle getting deeper with age.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Botox usually wears off between 3-6 months depending on the individual.

Botox can be beneficial in younger patients just beginning to notice lines and wrinkles, and can help in the long term to prevent lines from becoming deeper and more prominent. It is a perfectly safe treatment as long as you have it injected by a skilled, board-certified dermatologist. Botox usually wears off between 3-6 months depending on the individual, after which you can have it done again.

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

BOTOX® can be effective for people in their 20s.

Men and women in their 20s increasingly use BOTOX® to treat some of the early lines that can develop in the upper portion of the face. BOTOX® can be very effective for minimizing the lines that form between the eyebrows, commonly referred to as “11” lines, and regular injections can help to prevent these lines from deepening. An injection should last between 3 to 4 months, and the treatment is safe when administered by a skilled injector.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Botox in the 20's

I have many patients who have Botox for their glabella lines (lines between their forehead). These lines are mostly genetic and it is smart to have them injected at an early stage to prevent them from getting deeper.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox

It is difficult to determine if Botox is right for you without a full assessment. Botox may assist in addressing your concerns. 

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a skilled and qualified injector to discuss your options.

Take care.

Botox at 24

Botox can smooth the frown lines between your brows. It freezes the glabella muscle and reduces your ability to frown and smooths out the the lines.  24 is not too young to start Botox. Risks include drooping of the eyelids and over or under correction.  Initially you made have little bumps where the injections are put. They usually go away in a few hours. Some people complain of a headache after injection.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Botox at age 24 - Williamsville NY Botox provider

There is no age which precludes you from getting Botox.

If there are dynamic wrinkles that can be treated, they should be treated with Botox.

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian

Should I have Botox at 24?

Hello, and thank you for your question. In general, there is no specific age where one should have treatment with Botox, as every patient is different. Botox is a safe treatment that lasts 3-4 months on average, and can also be preventative. It sounds like you are a great candidate for Botox. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. Each is a fantastic choice. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox at 24

age is just a number and we all age at different rates and different ways. Botox would be a great way to smooth out the fine line beginning to form between your brows. It typically last 3-4months and is safe if injected by an experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist. 

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon