If I shave military haircut I get this rectangle at the back of my head. Do they ever grow back the hair they took? (photo)

It's been 6 months since I had my Hairyransplant and it's all perfect where I planted them. They took about 3k hair from the back now for me i like to shave, but if I keep it a bit long it'll be covered. Should I just keep it a few inches longer to cover it like I used to do ? Thanks so much for your time and help

Rectangle in the back

You still have another 6 months for your grafts to grow in as well as some hair in the donor area that may have been transected during the procedure. Everyone's donor supply is different and hopefully that central part was not over harvested.Until than you can wear your hair longer.If at 12 months or so you shave and still have that thinning look you may want to consider SMP(Scalp Micropigmentation)to even out the appearance.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Harvested hairs on the back of your head will not grow back. It has be relocated to the recipient site.

Harvested hairs on the back of your head will not grow back.  It has be relocated to the recipient site.  You may have to grow you hair longer to cover the scars.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE harvesting

When hair is harvested for a transplant it doesn't grow back in the back, it grows in the recipient area.  At a year post op, all the hair that may have been lost due to shock with the procedure has grown back.  You will need to wear your hair longer to cover the harvesting.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon