Do I need to worry about damaging things by sitting or sleeping?

At 6wks post op for my bbl w hips/lipo do I need to worry about damaging things by sitting the wrong way, sitting too long or sleeping? I know it takes 3-6mos to know the permanent results. How much more % change (loss of fat) can I expect to my butt after 6wks?

6 weeks after BBL

I agree with Dr. Bandy.  The fat that has taken, has taken and you are not likely to injure or affect it.  I also agree that you will still notice some decrease in size as the swelling continues to subside for a few more weeks but not from fat loss at this point (unless you loose weight). 

Sitting and sleeping on your butt after BBL

I perform 6-8 BBLs per week and have developed my own specific protocol for sitting and sleeping after the BBL. This protocol is dependent on the technique used by each surgeon. I recommend discussing this specifically with your surgeon. You should go see your surgeon for followup or give him/her a call. These are the normal questions that we all expect from our patients and you should not hesitate to speak with your surgeon.

Thank you for your question, by now there is still some swelling that will continue to minimize, but you are able to sit in any way you please. In a couple more weeks you will be able to see your actual results.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL and fat loss and positioning

At 6 weeks post-op, I allow my patients to sit on their buttocks but I would tell them to not stay in one position for too long.  Yes, by several months, the fat should be stable.

After brazilian buttlift, do I need to worry about damaging things by sitting or sleeping?

Since you are 6 weeks post op, you should be able to sit in any way you choose without it affecting fat loss, since the fat cells should have their blood supply now. You should expect to keep the majority if not all of the fat you have at 6 weeks, however you may notice a small decrease since you still have some soft tissue swelling.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon