Can a Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck be combined?

Thank you for your question. Yes, both of these procedures can be preformed together safely by a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook 

Chicago 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift revision/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

They can if you are in overall good health and cleared for elective surgery by your primary care doctor.  However, I would recommend staging the procedures for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Hello Dear, thank you so much for you question.

The first thing to consider and most importantly before any individual or combined intervention is the state of health of the patient and is necessary to evaluate individually and with the necessary examinations to manage complications and generate a state postoperative less painful and rapid healing.

Multiple procedures are very common in my office, This which is why the recommended would be an assessment in person with your doctor and starting from there decide the procedures that would be made.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck together?

Dear Tannjai61 I like your question!  As you can see the surgeon's opinions are contradicting!  Some do it together and don't see a problem with it and some will not do it together for fear of compromising the results.  The difference stems in the type of butt lift the patient is trying to accomplish.  The great majority of patients I treat are only interested in some modest improvement of the buttocks profile and do not want high volume enhancements so I don't have any problems complementing a tummy tuck with fat grafting because laying on their backs during recovery will not affect the end result, I've done it many times.  Now if what the patient wants is a high volume buttock augmentation, nowadays popularized by artist Niki Minaj and socialite Kim Kardashian, then the primary goal is the buttock augmentation and every effort should be made to optimize the quantity and take of the fat. Therefore they should be done separately.  In these cases reaching the desired buttock size may sometimes require more than one operation.

Juan A. Brou, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

They certainly can.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

Tummy tuck and BBL

Thanks for the question.

This combination is one that I perform routinely. The fat that is aspirated from the abdomen is injected into the buttocks. You will need to make some changes in the way you position yourself after the surgery but to do the procedures separate is not necessary in my opinion.

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Separate Procedures

Thank you for your question. I do not recommend undergoing a tummy tuck at the same time as a BBL procedure. After your tummy tuck, you will not be able to rest on your stomach for several weeks. The opposite is true of your BBL. You will have to stay off of your backside following your procedure. Patients do not want to jeopardize either procedure, so I recommend undergoing them separately. Make sure that you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon for specific recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

BBL and TT

Yes is the short answer. Find A board certified plastic surgeon who does a ton of combined tummy tucks and Brazilian butt lifts, operates at a certified facility and ask him or her how many of these have you done this year? Do not settle for vague answers and you will be in good hands.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting and tummy tuck

Personally, I do not combine these procedures as it may increase risks and make post op positioning difficult.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Harry T. Haramis, MD, FACS
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and BBL

`I  do not routinely perform a tummy tuck and a BBl  in the same setting because I think it increases the risk of complications.