I had abdominal lipo 7 days ago and I'm wondering if this is a result of necrosis or just bruising? (photo)

Also this is on my left side where my drain was placed . the raised parts are my stretch marks from previous I'm just inquiring about the black area

Liposuction - is this necrosis or bruising

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.'

• The photo suggests that you are severely bruised.
  • Necrosis would be unlikely - but without an examination one cannot be certain.
  • I suggest you copy your surgeon with the photograph and arrange a visit to be checked.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Bruising after Liposuction

This appears to be bruising but it is difficult to assess with a photograph.  What type of liposuction did you have?  My recommendation is to follow up with your surgeon immediately for an in-person assessment,

Dr. Ariel Ostad

Ariel Ostad, MD

Black and Blue--Bruising After Liposuction

It looks like bruising, but it's hard to tell from your photo so I recommend following up with your Dr. for an evaluation. I also recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Hard to see in your photo

The photo is very hard to see what is going on.  If that is just bruising it is pretty significant amount.  Was this laser lipo or another energy based liposuction?  Is that blistering?  I highly suggest you go see your surgeon today and get evaluated and discuss your concerns as this photo doesn't show enough and I don't have enough history or knowledge of what was done or why a drain was needed.  Good luck!

Bruising?

It looks like bruising as far as I can tell in the photo. Bruising is very common during liposuction. I do not routinely use drains.