I'm 2 weeks post breast reduction. Is it normal in to have uneven breasts at this stage? (Photo)

I was a size H and went down to a full size C. Ive had uneven, saggy breast before surgery my left side always bigger than my right. Its been two weeks since the surgery and my left side is noticebly fuller than my right. Is this normal ? And what can i expect during my healing process ?

Asymmetry in the short aftermath of breast reduction.

From the photographs I don't see anything at the moment to be alarmed about. Asymmetric swelling is the rule rather than the exception after breast reduction.

2 weeks after breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

2 weeks after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results but it looks like that you have breast asymmetry.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks.
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Uneven breast

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. You are only 3 days out from an invasive operation. Surely, you have swelling at this point in time, which, by the way, is probably at its maximum. Expect a significant improvement in the swelling over the next 4-6 weeks. then between 4-6 month you will have a good idea of your final bra size. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Assymetry after breast reduction

Congratulations on your surgery. At 2 weeks post op it is too soon to determine if your breasts will be more symmetrical once you are completely healed. You want to consult with your plastic surgeon after your body has healed and your final result is evident (3-6 months). Good luck,

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breast reduction

thank you for your picture. You do have some unevenness to your breasts. Your recovery still very early. I would allow three months to pass before you reevaluating your result. If after three months, your result is still on even then you should seek revision surgery. 

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question and photos.  Given that you are only two weeks post-op, it is far too soon to assess the results of your surgery.  I tell my patients that they need to wait until at least the three month mark as their breasts need to heal and reduce in swelling.  Be sure that you follow your surgeon's instructions closely as you move forward in the healing process to ensure optimal results.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast reduction

The two breasts looked very similar at 4 days out. I think that at this point you have to allow for swelling to settle down. Best of luck.

Poorly posted 2 weeks photo, so can not really seen asymmetry. Please post better photos!>>>>>>>>>>>>

Uneven breasts after breast reduction

There are many reasons to be slightly asymmetric after breast reduction.  From the pictures it is hard to tell what is going on.  You appear to be tilting your body. It is best to be examened ink person by your plastic surgeon.  You he or she can account for what you are experiencing.

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Post reduction asymmetry

While it may be perfectly normal to have some asymmetry at this stage, there has been a significant change from the situation at 4 days postop to the one at two weeks post op. An examination in person with your surgeon would be recommended, in my opinion, to assess the possible causes for this change.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon