Tummy Tuck and Lipo after 1) Power Assisted Lipo and 50LBs weight loss - (Male) (Photo)

I had power assisted lipo done on my stomach and back when I weighted 250 (5' 10"). While not really happy with the results, I managed to loose 50lbs over 6 months. Now, I am really not happy with how my mid section looks and deal with some loose skin in my mid section. Almost no shirt looks good on me as soon as I sit down. I am considering to do a tummy tuck with more lipo as needed. It has been 6 months that I have been averaging around 200 lbs now. I am 35 and generally in good health now.

Liposuction Abdomen Male

Thank you for posting your photos with your question. After all of your hard work loosing 50 pounds, I can understand why you want to look your best. I believe that a thorough liposuction will remove the excess fat evenly and allow your skin to retract. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with liposuction. At the time of your consultation, you will be examined, discuss your goals and the best surgical option, see many of the plastic surgeon's before and after male liposuction results. Best wishes. Dr. Richard Swift

Additional Weight Loss

A lipoabdomioplasty is powerful procedure that can flatten and remove excess skin and fat from both above and below the belly button and tighten the abdominal muscles. The trade off is a scar in the underwear line that extends hip to hip and a scar around the belly button. 

Men, however, tend to carry a solid amount of their excess fat inside the belly. This fat can't be reached with surgery — only diet and exercise. The closer you can get to your ideal weight (150/160) the better your surgical result will be.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step. 

See our link below for more information.

Male Body Contouring

If you are happy at your current weight, I would consider additional liposuction addressing both the abdomen and the flanks. Your skin will likely recoil well. I would not do a tummy tuck on you yet as it may feminize your midsection and actually look worse. Best wishes. 

Weight loss

It is difficult to correctly assess you properly without an in person exam to determine residual fat under the skin, skin and muscle looseness, internal fat, etc. You may be a candidate for further liposuction using Vaser ultrasound and/or tummy tuck.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.   Congratulations on your weight loss.  Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the underwear line.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Male body contouring

Congratulations on the weight loss.  Looking at your pictures, you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  You have excess skin, some fat, and some laxity to the abdominal wall which all would be addressed with a tummy tuck.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Lipo after 1) Power Assisted Lipo and 50LBs weight loss - (Male)

Based on your photos but without an examination, you appear to be a good candidate for a   

full tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas. It is difficult to tell whether in fact you

are a good candidate for those procedures without a physical examination and complete

medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, and realistic

The best long term cosmetic results with the least likelihood of potential complications are

achieved in patients who weigh within 10 pounds of their ideal weight.

If a member of my family underwent these procedures, they would be performed by an

experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic

Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. If you

are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation

with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the

procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be

complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a full body examination and give you the best recommendations based off of their examination. Based on your photos and weight loss history, I think you would be a good candidate for a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty. This procedure is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I will remove any loose, excess skin then with the use of liposuction, it will help remove any excess fat deposits along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. I hope this helps!
Good luck in your endeavors!
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

After a massive weight loss (congratulations), abdominoplasty is necessary to remove the excess skin apron. Only an exam can elucidate whether you will need muscle tightening or more lipo.

Liposuction, weight loss and skin tightening.

Thanks for your question. Liposuction of any sort is an imperfect tool.  Oddly, the key to liposuction is not the fat, it's the skin. If skin tone is good, it will shrink up nicely, if skin is loose, it just tends to get looser. 

Though your diet and exercise you have done about 50  pounds of liposuction on your own. The consequence and paradox is that while you've done everything right the skin has gotten looser. As you proceed think skin tightening. The roll in the lower abdomen is a combination of skin and fat. both will need to be removed to tighten your abdomen.

Your best bet will likely be tummy tuck. I encourage you to achieve your target weight in a healthy way before surgery. If your PS does a beautiful tummy tuck and you lose a lot more weight you will get loose again.

Hope this makes sense. I have included some tummy tuck faq below. Best wishes.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon