How severe are my tuberous breasts?

I want to know if I have tuberous breasts. If so which type of tuberous? I self-diagnosed because when I gave birth and am not able to provide enough milk for my baby.if I want to get breast correction surgery how much would it cost?

How severe are my tuberous breasts

To me, your pictures are just too limited to make a good judgment. Your areolae will need to be addressed too, because, just putting implants may make them wider.

Macon Plastic Surgeon

How severe are my tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on a limited exam of the photos only, your "tuberosity" (I'd rather call it underdeveloped breast) seems to be very mild and can be corrected with a procedure specifically addressing it plus augmentation with implants. It has nothing to do though with the breastfeeding - real or percieved - problems. Those issues better discuss with your Ob/Gyn or neonatologist. The procedure cost always varies. Best to discuss both surgical and financial option in a personal in-office consultation. Good luck!

Boris Mordkovich, MD
Englewood Physician

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.  The severity of your tuberous breasts is difficult to determine from the photos that you have provided.  Regardless, you should be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be the best procedure for you.  I would recommend that you consider a breast lift, nipple reduction, and implants, but please maintain an open mind.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

How severe are my tuberous breasts?

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... you have wide areola with constricted breast base.. the treatment of these could be done together.. with breast augmentation.. the range cost of these in the caribbean US$3500-5000. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Tuberous breast correction

In my opinion your tuberous deformity is mild.  You also have underdeveloped breasts.  Although this is not a medical problem, it is certainly treatable if you would like the appearance to improve.  This is usually done in one operation, involving placement of breast implants to fix the shape and tuberous breast correction to improve the contour.  Total costs vary from practice to practice based on the experience of the surgeon and the quality of the operating room (e.g. safety).  In our practice, the costs add up to about $9000 for most patient (they vary based on how much time you might need in the operating room). Financing is available through CareCredit if you require it.

We'd be happy to see you for a consultation if you'd like.

Reza Momeni, MD FACS
Summit Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast correction with implants and areolar reduction candidate. Some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, i can identify that you have a underveloped and mild tubular Breast.
I recommend you perform a Tubular Breasts Correction with Breast Augmentation using silicon implants, at the same surgical time.

There is a surgical technique for Tuberous Breasts correction, by which it is arranged the tuberous areolar ring from inside, without requiring areolar reduction. In this technique we also need silicon implants, to get a better Breast volume and projection.
I also recommend an Areolar Reduction to get an appropiate areolar diameter, with hidden scar (a circumference line surrounding the areola)

Therefore it is very important that the plastic surgeon who will perform the surgery, has the skills and vast experience in this type of procedure.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tuberous breasts

The breasts are a bit tuberous, a lift can help. If you want more volume, implants can help as well. Best of luck.

Tuberous Breast Severity

There is a broad spectrum to the degree of severity with tuberous breasts. You do have some constriction of the lower pole with a narrow base. The areola are also large, but not overly "puffy". Correction with a release, augmentation and mastopexy can vary in cost, but would generally be around $9-10 K. You can certainly get an opinion from someone who has extensive experience with your situation.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast can vary and treatment should be customized

Thank you for your question and for providing the photographs.  As you know, tuberous breast is a range of conditions.  In your case, it does seem that you have some components.  The most important in my opinion is the short distance from the bottom of the areola to the inframamary fold and the size of the areola relative to the amount of non-areola breast skin.  Examination in person would further clarify this.  The significance of the short areola to fold distance is that the fold may need to be lowered.  If you want a fuller size, an implant will help correct this.  Implant or not, you need a very good lift.  The amount the areola diameter can be reduced will depend on how much skin you have and the size implant that will be used.  This is the hardest part of planning your surgery because your areola, which is enlarged and most likely you would like to reduce, is actually providing a lot of "skin" for your breast.  If a signifcant amount of areola is removed in order to make the areola smaller, you may not have enought skin to redrape over the implant.  An exam in person and a thorough discussion of your goals will enable the surgeon to make recommendations specific for your anatomic configuration.
Hope this helps.
Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Tuberous breasts

From your photos, it appears you have moderate tuberous breasts.your best option would be either breast augmentation with release of the constricted tissue of your lower breasts or mastopexy with implants to address your large areoles. Prices vary by city, but seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience with tuberous breasts because corrective surgery is complicated. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD