How long does the pain last?

It's exact two weeks after breast augmentation and I'm having constant pain in both breast. The right more than the left. How long does this pain last?

Breast augmentation recovery and pain

Congratulations on your recent surgery.  Every patient recovers at their own rate after breast augmentation but your level of pain and discomfort should be decreasing over the coming weeks.  As you become more active you will notice twinges and often sharp sensations.  If you level of pain is increasing then you should speak with your plastic surgeon to rule out any concerns.

Two weeks is a long time for constant pain after breast augmentation

Only your surgeon with an exam and knowledge of the surgical technique used is going to be able to best answer this question.  I would highly suggest going back in to see him/her tomorrow as this is unusual for two weeks out.  Soreness is expected but constant severe pain is unusual at two weeks.  Sometimes the doc can give you a prescription for anti-inflammatories to help the pain subside.  I hope (and bet) you start to feel better soon!

Recovery after an augmentation

Congratulations perpet on your augmentation! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of augmentation you had and if the same thing was done on both sides. Sometimes increased activity with one arm more than the other can lead to unmasking new pain. If the breast looks different and feels different, it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Everyone has different threshholds and types of pain. Somtimes a supportive bra can help but you should check with your doctor if they would be fine with you being in a bra. Best of luck, MMT

Pain in breasts

it is hard to know. Pain can come from many different sources and some are normal and some are not. If concerned, it is best to see your surgeon. 

Breast pain

At only two weeks, it is likely that the nerves which supply your breasts are still inflamed and causing some pain in your particular case. Normally, by two weeks this has settled down and is no longer an issue. However, in a small subset of patients, this nerve inflammation and stretch and cause pain for a few weeks longer. To have chronic pain from a breast augmentation is a rare thing, and you are quite early in the process, to be patient, and keep in close contact with her plastic surgeon. I hope this helps.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. It is common to have pains up to two weeks from your augmentation surgery. Given that you are still fairly early from surgery I would touch base with your plastic surgeon and follow up with him as necessary. 

Best wishes
Theodore T Nyame MD

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Breast Augmentation Post-op Pain

I'm sorry that you're going through this. You are still in the early post-operative recovery period. It is not uncommon to have discomfort as the swelling slowly subsides and the tissues are healing. Your pain or discomfort should be gradually improving; if it's not, then you should notify your board certified plastic surgeon. It is also important to follow all the instructions provided by your plastic surgeon, and avoid any strenuous activity until cleared by him or her. Good luck with your recovery.

Kirit Bhatt, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

How long does the pain last?

You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Swelling usually accounts for 10 - 15% of the initial post-operative appearance. The implants may swell asymmetrically, as in your case, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Concerns

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear you are still having pain two weeks after your augmentation.  You are still very early in the post-operative period and it is not uncommon to have discomfort at this time.  Please have an in-person examination with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.