Liposuction bruising or necrosis? (photos)

I had aggressive liposuction done on my stomach and flanks and I received a very bad burn from a garment that was too tight. I'm almost 3 weeks post op and the bruise is changing . should I be concerned?

Tissue Loss

You do not have a bruise,  you have tissue loss.   It would help if we knew where the area is.   This is something that happens but rarely   This will heal and then scar revision  will be needed.  All will be well in the end.  My Best,  Dr Commons

Liposuction necrosis

Thanks for the question and the photos.  Sorry you are experiencing issues.

It appears that you have necrosis of some of your skin.  You should contact your Plastic Surgeon ASAP and be seen.  If he/she is not available, go to the ER to be seen and start treatment as soon as possible.  They will most likely start Silvadene cream dressings.

Hope it all heals rapidly.  Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Go to ER or See Your Surgeon ASAP

This looks like necrosis of the skin and needs to be checked immediately by an expert.  This will need long term wound care to prevent and limit scarring.  Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction complication

I advise you to go to the ER or see your surgeon immediately. 

best, 

Ariel Ostad MD PC

Ariel Ostad, MD

Postop bruising

From your description and the photos, there is skin necrosis.  You should immediately call your surgeon to be seen and discuss treatment.

Samuel Beran, MD

Necrosis

Hello and thank you for your question. 

Based on your photos you have skin necrosis, which should be debrided to fasten the healing process. It is not possible to be 100% sure from a photo and tell you that you don't have infection. It seems that there is no infection, but you must get it checked urgently. Please contact your PS as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Güray

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

You need to get it cheked out urgently

This appears from the photos to be necrosis of skin.  Please seek medical care urgently so that it is treated.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon