Two days post surgery and bleeding in one spot on and off.

I had my operation two days ago and haven't changed the dressings yet. The right breast is more swollen and keeps bleeding through my bra at one point on the underside. The spot is about a quarter size and bleeds through about once per day then dries up. Also numb under this arm. Should I be concerned?

Breast augmentation

Any issues that develop acutely really should be addressed by your surgeon. Extreme pain is not normal..

Two days post op and bleeding in one spot on and off

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your breast augmentation.  Drainage or soiling of dressings after a breast augmentation tends to resolve quickly in the first few days after surgery and if you are still seeing recurrent bleeding I would advise seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to ensure all is well.  Hope this helps.

Call your doctor's office ASAP

Even though it is the weekend we all take phonecalls for emergencies and if some reason your surgeon isn't available he/she has a responsibility to have someone available to take the call and guide you.  It is not common to have continued bleeding like this and perhaps you can email them a photo of your incision or be seen to make sure all is ok.  Better safe than sorry.....  Good luck!

Breast augmentation - still bleeding after 2 days

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

Please call your plastic surgeon and arrange to be seen without delay. You need to be checked to be sure you do not have a hematoma. It may help to know that your surgical fee includes your post-operative care and only your plastic surgeon can help you if you have a post-operative problem.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Possible haematoma

You need to see your operating surgeon to change the dressing /tape to check the wound is ok and to make sure the more swollen breast does not have a haematoma

Post Op concern

You really need to give your own surgeon a call. It may be nothing , but better safe than sorry.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon