How beneficial will rhinoplasty be for me and will wide set eyes become more pronounced? (photo)

As above, I'd just like to get some professional opinions about potential improvement and also if my wide set eyes will be even more pronounced as a result? Thx.

Rhinoplasty with wide set eyes...

Your nasal bridge is not so large, so you probably will not need to make it smaller (which could make the eyes appear farther apart). In fact, it may be necessary, depending on your exam, to add to the bridge some, which will make them appear closer to together. Be sure to see a rhinoplasty specialist for consultation.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Wide Set Eyes

You can actually make your eyes look closer together if you augment your bridge and refine your tip. Computer imaging can show you this. Feel free to send your pictures for imaging in order to visualize the potential results.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty candidate

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
Through rhinoplasty we make small changes, but that is quite noticeable. 

After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform a Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base, with nasal bones treatment, and alar and triangular nasal cartilages shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty and wide set eyes

Thanks for your question, it is an important one and very insightful. In short the answer is yes, if you undergo any narrowing techniques, especially in the upper third of the nose your eyes will likely appear even more wide-set. Hope this helps. 

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

RhinoplastyYou do not need any narrowing

You do not need any narrowing in the upper half of the nose. You only need tip work and that will not affect the wide space between the eyes.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip refinement

More views of the nose would be helpful. However, it does not appear that you will need to have your nasal bones narrowed. This would be the only aspect of the rhinoplasty that can potentially make your eyes look wider than they are. If anything, you would benefit from nasal tip refinement to narrow and create shape to this area of your nose. Hope this helps. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Illusion in rhinoplasty, wide set eyes rhinoplasty

Because of the  radix, bridge of your nose, is already narrow relative to the width of the tip of your nose  and refining the tip will not  make the eyes look wider.   From the photographs you provided it appears as though your nasal dorsum may also the relatively low.   If you decide to have a rhinoplasty you should discuss the possible need for  dorsal augmentation. This would reduce the  need to narrow the tip as much making the overall outcome better and more natural.  If you were to try to reduce the tip to match the remainder of the nose I do not believe your skin would respond adequately to the cartilaginous reduction  to appreciate a refined result tthat does not look surgical.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question.  I don't think it will negatively impact your eye width.   Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

How beneficial will rhinoplasty be for me and will wide set eyes become more pronounced?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about refining and improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty and whether it would be worthwhile. In a patient with your anatomy, it should not increase the appearance of your wide set eyes.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on a limited 2 dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

It all depends upon what needs to be done.  Your upper 1/3 of your nose is not very wide now.  I can not tell from the one photos that you posted whether or not your dorsum is high.  That will determine if osteotomies will eventually be needed.