After BBL procedure, do I need massages and if so how many?

Massages After Surgery?

Thank you for your question!  I advise you to consult with your doctor on any post op questions you may have.  Make sure you are following all of your doctors instructions.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

It is important to follow your surgeons post operative care instructions seeing as they know exactly what they performed during surgery and exactly what you should do for optimal results post op. I believe that massaging isn’t necessary but if you have some discomfort, swelling or want to accelerate your recovery process, you may do some daily light massages starting about a week after surgery. I would definitely recommend keeping your body garment on until your surgeon tells you otherwise, to reduce swelling and have the best results possible.
Good luck in your recovery!
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Massage after BBL

That decision is up to your surgeon and you. The areas that have been liposuctioned benefit the most. Talk with your surgeon.

Massage after BBL

That decision is up to the surgeon who performs your surgery.  Many plastic surgeons, including myself, do not see any proven use to massage after a BBL.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

BBL and massage

Not every surgeon recommends massage after a BBL.  You should ask your specific surgeon what he recommends.