I'm 36, 5'4", 120 lbs with sagging breasts. How can I fix them with minimal scars? (Photo)

My sagging breasts are due to weightloss. What grade ptosis am I? I think grade 2 since my nipples dont turn down. That being said, I dont want a lift. I just want a bigger, firmer version of my chest via implants. Im thinking high profile, submuscular, 350-400cc would look nice. Will I have a deformity like the snoopy deformity? Will implants fill my breasts enough so there is no sagging skin? I also workout alot. Will implants plus added chest workouts remedy any loose skin post surgery?

Breast lift with implants

Based solely on your photos, you look as if you will need some type of lift with implants to achieve your goals. Without the lift, I don't think you'll be happy with your results. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss the ideal options for you. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Breast lift with implants?

These are all great questions. The best first step is to meet with an experienced plastic surgeon for consultation. Most likely you will need some type of lift, but sometimes the lift does not have to be extensive. During an exam I can get a good feel for the skin laxity and give a good opinion as to what type of lift is needed, or what might happen if a lift is not performed.

Lift/implants

Thank you for your question and photos. Unfortunately, I have to recommend as well that you consider a breast lift if you would like perkier breasts. An implant placed in breasts with your level of drooping will not give you a pleasant appearance.

Most people want to avoid scars if possible, however many also find them a reasonable trade off for lifted, repositioned breasts. You could choose to place a breast implant as well, to further improve shape and fullness. I recommend that you speak with a board certified plastic Surgeon in person about your expectations and options.

All the best

Empty Droopy Breasts

My recommendation would be to strongly consider an uplift in conjunction with augmentation using appropriately but not oversized breast implants.  I would lean toward either a J shaped incision or an inverted T incision but would avoid the choice of a Benelli or periareolar lift.  Though I love the latter procedure for many with mild droopiness, I don't think it would be a good choice for you.  I also have my patients use the Embrace Scar Therapy to reduce their incision prominence but having incision lines is unavoidable IMO.  Best of luck to you in making your choice!  Jon Perlman MD FACS

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Sagging

An implant will only give volume. Your breasts will still hang low and will need to be lifted. Many times a vertical lift can be performed. Best to be seen in person. Good luck.

I'm 36, 5'4", 120 lbs with sagging breasts. How can I fix them with minimal scars

You have grade 3 ptosis as most of your breast is below the infra-mammary fold and the nipple is also below it. I think a beat implant alone will do nothing to lift your breast and there is no exercise that will lift the skin, or the implant into a higher position. I do think that a breast augmentation with at least a lollipop incision lift is best.

Julio Garcia, MD

I'm 36, 5'4", 120 lbs with sagging breasts. How can I fix them with minimal scars?

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Saggy breasts

Thank you for your question. Breast implant and lift will give optimal results. Please talk to a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals

Sagging breast fix

You need a breast lift and implants if you want to add volume. Your skin envelopes are loose and stretched out in addition to your nipple position being low. If you had implants alone it would result in an unattractive breast appearance. 

Ptosis

You need a lift with implants. Only implants will not work. Scars fade over time but trying to cut corners and avoid them will leave you unhappy with worse looking breasts.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD