36, 123 lbs. Can Super Sagging 34A Breast Fixed With Lollipop Lift and No Implants? (photo)

Hello Doctors, I have terribly sagging breasts due to weight loss and possibly hormone imbalance. I went from 36c to 34A. The plastic surgeons say I need a lollipop lift and would use implants to increase size. Do to financial constraints I want to skip the implants. Will the lollipop lift leave me with weirdly shaped breast? Are implants necessary. How about if I asked the doctor about fat grafting to the breast? Please advise. Lubana

Improving Asymmetry

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Breasts are often asymmetric. They can be lifted differently. One side can be reduced or the breasts can have different size implants, but without your desire for implants different amounts of fat  can be added to improve symmetry. 

36, 123 lbs. Can Super Sagging 34A Breast Fixed With Lollipop Lift and No Implants?

A breast lift would seem reasonable based upon your description and pictures.

Beverly Hills, CA

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photo.  It appears that you would benefit most from a full breast lift to move your breasts to a higher position on your chest.  I would certainly recommend that you consider at least small textured silicone implants as well although this is not a requirement.  It is possible for you to undergo an augmentation later on, too.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast lift

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well.
  • A full mastopexy raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour.

Sometimes the areola becomes enlarged over time, and a breast lift will reduce this as well
  • A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted
  • A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness.
  • Is up to you to consider the combination of Breast Lift and Breast Implants- When the Nipple-Areola is below the crease under your breast and the breast gland has deflated a combination Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation is often required.
Be sure to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced in Breast Surgery. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Implants with lift yields more youthful breast contours

Hi, I have attached a link that might be helpful...

Hi goddesslubana.  Thank you for sharing your photos.  You will have a more youthful breast appearance with both implant and lift.  However, you would benefit from a lift regardless of an implant-the implant will provide you with upper and inner fullness that is difficult to create without enough breast tissue.  You can always have the lift and place implants later, but the cost of two recoveries and two surgeries is more than a single operation.  Fat grafting is an option but may not be less expensive, requires enough donor fat, and successful grafting is highly technique dependent.  Inquire about financing options.  Good luck!

You Need a full anchor mastopexy. Fat grafting is good if you want to add volume.

I agree with others that have said that you need a full anchor mastopexy. If you are satisfied with the size of your breasts that should be sufficient. I like the idea of fat grafting, especially if you have somewhere that you would like to harvest the fat from. Fat grafting has become an increasing part of my revision breast surgery.
I'm not sure that fat grafting will save you money however since this also adds time and expense to the procedure, similar to that of an implant.
Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Full mastopexy

Thank you for your question. I believe  a full mastopexy will be a better procedure for you. You have some asymmetry to begin with. Using an implant is plus or minus, this is purely a personal decision. The use of an implant will change your cup size. It should not change the position of your nipple. 

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Lollipop Lift and No Implants?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I can see your concern, and understand the financial constraints you are under.  I would recommend a full anchor-incision type of breast lift first.  This will allow you to improve the current asymmetry between your breasts in terms of size, position and shape.  Once you have healed from the lift, and you find yourself with additional disposable income, implants can be placed in a second stage to add volume.  Hope this helps. 

From your photo- it appears that you are a candidate for mastopexy ( breast lift)- in my opinion lollipop lift is useless in your case. Only mastopexy in my opinion will give you your perkiest breasts, balance out your asymmetry, and if you desire a little more fullness -  smaller implants can be placed sub-muscular at the same time . Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam.

Lift and Implants? What's the best option?

Thanks for your picture.  Helps to show that you have significant asymmetry and sagging. You would certainly benefit from a lift and implants.  My advice would be as follows: 

A detailed consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is important to establish your postoperative goals and determine what would be best for you. In my practice I like to review different photos of my patients to establish what shape and volume they seem to like most. It is also very important to perform a detailed exam to evaluate the thickness of your breast tissue, skin tone and the dimensions of your chest. I like to have my patients try on sizers to get a feel for what they may look like and also appreciate how heavy the implants might feel. It is also useful to incorporate some additional 3-D imaging to get a sense for the subtle change between different implant types.

The advice I give to my patients focuses on 3 key elements.

1. Select a board certified plastic surgeon that you can communicate with comfortably to establish your desired look.

2. Establish that your plastic surgeon has your best interest in mind and make sure that they can explain your procedure to you in a way that makes sense and makes you comfortable. I want my patients to walk out of my consults and feel like they “get it” with respect to their surgical plan. I want to make sure that my patients can understand what a specific implant may deliver in regard to their results. This is common when we are trying to determine the size a patient desires, and also whether or not to select a shaped highly cohesive implant compared to a round silicone gel or saline implant.

3. Make sure that you understand what to expect in terms of your recovery and postoperative instructions. In my practice I give my patients additional instructions and tools to help them recover. In addition, I follow all of my patients closely after surgery and visit with them at 1 week and 3 weeks after surgery to make sure they are healing as expected.

Best wishes and cheers!!!  Steven Camp MD  #HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon