I had silikon 1000 injected into my lips, under eyes and nose bridge 3 years ago. What should I do if I have complications?

3 years ago I went 2 a certified plastic surgeon in NJ 2 get silicone 1000 injected in my lips, under eyes, and nose bridge. I have no complications @ the moment but I'm scared if something happens in the future. What should I do? If I get botox under my eyes will it interfere with the silicone 1000? If I get the bump on my nose bridge worked on will it also interfere with the silicone 1000 & make an infection more likely to form? Is there a safe injectable that can metabolize the silicone 1000?

What should I do if I have complications?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Like others who replied, I believe that Silikon 1000 is essentially an ideal facial filler.  I have been using this for well over ten years and trained with doctors using it for much longer.  While others may reply differently, I believe that since you are not presently having any problems and have just grown fearful that someday you might, you may want to consider relaxing about this.  Personally, I have not seen the late complications that others have when using the genuine material. If you remain fearful, then I'd suggest using the HA fillers in the future.  Good luck!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Silikon 1000 and Uses

I suggest you see an expert in silikon treatments for an evaluation if there is any problems.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Microdroplet Silikon-1000 injections may be considered for safe and permanent lip, undereye, and nasal rejuvenation.

Microdroplet Silikon-1000 injections are considered permanent and irremovable, so the experience of your physician is important for avoiding complications, and achieving desired results.

In our experience, microdroplet Silikon-1000 injections may be a safe and permanent alternative to temporary fillers, and may be considered for lip augmentation, permanent NonsurgicalRhinoplasty, and for filling undereye grooves. If you haven't had a problem for the last three years following your treatments, you may never have a problem. 

We perform Botox treatments to our patients that have been treated with Silikon-1000.

You may benefit from visiting your doctor so you can have a discussion about your concerns.

Hope this helps.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon