How much weight should I lose before having BBL surgery? (photos)

How much weight should I lose before getting a bbl done I'm currently 215pounds height 5'5 or 5'6

How much weight should I lose before having BBL surgery?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to consult with your primary board certified plastic surgeon and have the procedure recommended, tummy tuck, lipo and bbl will be perfect for you!!

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

If your BMI is higher than 30 you are at an increased risk of complications occurring. Your BMI is around 34-35, I would recommend getting your BMI down to at least 30 or below. This would require losing about 30-35lbs. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Bbl

Thank you for your question and pictures, i would recommend to lose about 15 lbs. the more weight you lose the better your results, you will have excess skin after the liposuction you will need a tummy tuck after. consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Weight and surgery

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question. Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery. For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30. In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I never operate if over 180 pounds for a BBL surgery. Safer in the prevention of complications. Plus ALWAYS use a boarded PS with hospital surgical privileges.

BMI

Hello, thanks for share your photos, is important to know that the more Weight you lose, the better results you will have, ii recomend you to lose 15 pounds, to ger better results, with your procedure. best wishes!

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

BBL surgery

Thanks for the photos and your question.  From your photo, you may also need a tummy tuck once you're ready. In order to minimize risks, it is recommended that you are healthy with a normal BMI as well as have realistic expectations before doing surgery.  The best way to know if you're ready to have surgery is to schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in BBL surgery. Most plastic surgeon will require that you get a pre-op from your primary physician before any surgery can be done. Your health and safety should be your number one priority and that's why its important that your consultation should be with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Umeng David Thao, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon