Is there anything I can do about uneven eyes without getting any work done?

My left eye is significantly higher. It has gradually risen from my right, about 1 mm higher. I have noticed I chew more with the left side of my mouth. Could this have caused my eye to rise? I am very insecure people will notice, it is so bad that I can't even keep eye contact with my best friend for too long scared he'll notice. Any tips for things to raise my right eye? Anything will help.

Asymmetrical eyelids

Thank you for sharing your question. Your uneven eyes could be caused by numerous factors, including systemic medical conditions. See an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and discussion of potential options.  Good luck,

Uneven eyes

Facial asymmetry is common and normal in all people, since the 2 sides of the face develop independently in utero. This can been seen in a wide variety of ways, from uneven eyebrows or eyes, a deviated nose, a mouth that slants to one side, or a chin that is off midline. These findings are normal and should not be concerning to you. Fillers in the eye region can often help to camouflage lower eyelid asymmetries.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Asymmetry

Hi bobbobstone8,Thanks for your question. Eyelid unevenness is most commonly caused by "ptosis," or droopiness of one eye. However, if you are noticing that one eye is rising, this can be related to eyelid retraction and may be associated with thyroid disease. A photo would really help to assess the underlying issue. Unfortuately, there are no non-surgical interventions for ptosis or eyelid retraction repair. But if the retraction is related to thyroid disease, there are medical interventions that could be considered. I would make an appointment with an oculoplastic surgeon in your area for a full examination and consultation. Good luck!