Do you typically recommend Embrace Scar Therapy after a tummy tuck? Are the cheaper options just as good?

Embrace is an excellent choice for scar treatment

I highly recommend Embrace for scar treatment with my patients, particularly those who are very concerned about having a scar after a Tummy Tuck. Embrace works by relieving the tension that occurs while the incision is healing. Since tension is the second biggest factor in the formation of scars, Embrace works by actively managing the tension to lessen the formation of scars and scar tissue. As a result, there is a significant improvement in the appearance of scars. The silicone dressing applies constant medical-grade compression during the 8 week treatment period to minimize scar tissue from forming.
Hope this helps,
Nick Slenkovich, MD, FACS

Cheaper options not as good.

Thanks for your question. I have been very impressed with Embrace and how well it works. I have not seen the kind of results Embrace delivers to my patient's scars with any other product. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Embrace Scar Therapy is a Game Changer for Tummy Tuck Scars

Scars after tummy tuck vary from excellent to not so good for a variety of reasons from the patient's tendency to scar, tension on the wound, blood supply to the wound, sutures used in the closure.  The one factor that you can control in the post-operative period is the type of scar therapy that is used.  There are several options when considering scar treatment post-operatively, ranging from over the counter options like Mederma to silicone pads and gels that are applied topically to the healing scar.  We have tried nearly all in my practice over the past 16 years.  Embrace is unlike any other on the market.  It is true that they are expensive, but the results have really been worth the added cost in our patients.  We initially tried using the Embrace Scar Therapy pads only in the center of the tummy tuck incisions in our patients when we first learned of them 2 years ago.  We used them in the center because that is the point of maximal tension of the tummy tuck wound.  What we found shocked us: the central scar was better than the lateral scar which was under much less tension.  From that point on, we began using Embrace across the entire tummy tuck incision and have been very happy with the scars.  Additionally, we use the Embrace Scar Therapy for arm lifts, body lifts and thigh lift procedures to help minimize the appearance of the scars.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Embrace is an excellent treatment for patients who are worried about their scars.  It is backed by solid science, and randomized clinical trials.

Personally, I think it is the best stuff on the market, better than plain silicone scar products.  I recommend it for my tummy tuck patients.

Embrace is one-of-a-kind

Although there are other silicone dressings on the market, Embrace Scar Therapy has technology that has revolutionized the way we manage scars.  If you're worried about how you will heal, do not hesitate.  There is no other scar treatment that has Level 1A data that shows it works!

We have seen very nice results from the use of Embrace Scar Therapy.  There are other options available on the market, but this one has proven that it works well consistently.

Camille Cash, MD

Embrace is the BEST scar therapy

In my practice it is mandatory to use embrace scar therapy for all tummy tucks because it is the best scar therapy system and there is nothing that even comes close.  It has level 1 evidence behind it that shows that it actively reduces tension leading to a much nicer and imperceptible scar

Using Embrace Active Scar Defense for your TT Scar

Choosing a scar treatment is essential after undergoing a tummy tuck. While the cost varies depending on the length of the scar, Embrace Active Scar Defense is typically more than other passive topical scar therapy options. The reason why many plastic surgeons recommend and prefer this product is that it is backed by clinical clinical research to support its effectiveness as oppose to other cheaper options. When selecting a scar treatment, it is important to consider the cost in the context of protecting your new investment. You should consult your board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss how it can be beneficial for you. I hope this helps, and I wish you luck on your scar therapy research!