Am I too skinny for BBL? (photos)

I'm 5'11 and 140 LB and I want to know if I'm a good candidate for BBL. I fluctuate in weight and just a year and a half ago I was 165lb. Most of my weight gain is in my thighs and love handles. Would I need to gain weight to get the results I want? I heard that if I gain weight for BBL then the result won't last? Someone help!

Am I too skinny for BBL?

If you provide pictures, we would be better able to assess you.Please seek out a well respected and extremely skilled board certified plastic surgeon for your endeavors. Kenneth Hughes, MD Beverly Hills, CA

Without a picture of where you are now it is difficult to predict.  It would also depend on how your butt is shaped but your goal photos are very reasonable for a patient of your measurements.

John Burns, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Candidacy for BBL

Hello and thank you for your question. Without pictures of you, or an in-person examination, it is difficult to give you accurate advice or a price estimate. Many plastic surgeons with locations in premiere vacation destinations perform virtual consultations to help you get a better idea of whether or not it is in your best interest to travel to them or not. Your height and weight may be ideal to get your the results you desire IF your fat stores are in favorable places.

Remember that surgery prices include 1) surgeon's fees, 2) anesthesiologist's fees, and 3) facility fees. #'2 and 3 on that list depend on time needed in the OR, so the longer your surgery, the more you pay. Board certified anesthesiologists will cost more than a nurse anesthetist, but they are also safer. The same goes for costs associated with using a hospital or a highly accredited surgery center versus someone's back office for procedures. In essence, you get what you pay for.

With respect to Brazilian Butt lift, the point is that your silhouette would be improved by aggressive liposuction of your flanks, abdomen, lower back, etc. Regardless, by slimming the contour of your waist and flanks with liposuction, your buttocks will appear perkier; liposuction will allow your surgeon to harvest adequate fat to also transfer to your buttocks and further give you an even greater silhouette with a tight waist and perkier/projecting buttocks. Different surgeons may charge different amounts to achieve the work you desire or have different plans depending on how they wish to deliver the results you desire. Many high end plastic surgery practices offer credit and finance options for their patients. The ones I am familiar with are Alphaeon credit and Care Credit and offer the following: 1) 0% interest plans for 6-12 months
2) budget pay plans (like a gym membership) starting at $199/month: you pay this until it is paid off; you can pay more each month to pay off faster
3) traditional type loan where you have an agreement over 2-3 years.
It is important to get such an important surgery performed by a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in advanced body contouring techniques. You don't want to go to the "cheapest" surgeon, as in many cases, you get what you pay for. But it is important to get a good value for your money. Make sure to check your surgeon's online reviews, see if they have a strong following on instagram/facebook/etc to see if they are credible, and ask their staff about how happy their patients are and if they have any that would be willing to talk to you. I hope this helps and best of luck to you!
Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD