Can I have scar revision with a breast lift? (Photos)

I had a botched bra lift surgery and now are left with two nasty scars I want to do a breast lift and was wondering if I could get the scar revision and breast lift at the same time

Can I have scar revision with a breast lift?

Thank you for your question.  Yes, you can have a scar revision along with a breast lift.  I would recommend meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.  Best of luck to you!

I'm sorry to see what widened scars you do have. Any breast lift would want to incorporate scar revision and I think this is highly possible. Just be careful about putting in implants that might make you too tight in combination with a breast lift and scar revision.

Scar revision and breast lift

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and scar revision.

• Since your scars darkened, any surgery including any revision needs 6 weeks of skin pre-treatment with 4% hydroquinone to reduce the darkening.
  • It appears you had what is called a J lift - usually done on people who have lost massive amounts of weight.
  • If you did not, a scar revision can be done but the final result may not be any better - because the skin may not be loose enough to form a better scar.
  • Please have a plastic surgeon examine all your existing scars and your breasts to advise you as to what kind of breast scars to expect and if a breast lift is needed.
  • Certainly with a tendency to form wide, dark scars, you want to be sure to minimize the risk of such scars on your breasts to the extent possible.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Scar revision with breast lift

You certainly can have a scar revision along with your breast lift based on the scars you showed in the photos.  I would meet with your plastic surgeon to make sure the existing scars are compatible with a breast lift.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Scar revision and breast lift

Was this the only surgery you have had? How are your other scars? I would be careful about having a breast lift surgery if all of your scars have this appearance. You most likely do not want prominent scars on your breasts. Otherwise, I do not know why it would be is issue to perform a scar revision and breast lift together. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who is comfortable with taking on your previous surgical result.

Bra Lift Surgery??

Dear Sparkling26, I'm not sure what a "bra lift surgery" is, but I would probably stage this as a scar revision surgery and then address the "lifting procedure" at a later time. Without full frontal photos it is impossible to determine if you even need a lift. I would suggest seeing several board certified plastic surgeons and get their opinions. Good luck. Dr. Gervais.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with scar revision

I actually think you may want to separate those two surgeries.  The reason being is that this "botched" bra lift surgery may just be the way you body heals.   The incision patterns lie in awkward spot an don't really represent a surgery that I do or have heard of so I would recommend looking at this as a scar revision.  For this size of a scar, I would recommend a staged scar revision.  First do the scar areas that are really wide and let them heal.  Then do another area of the scar and let that heal.  If your scars are better then consider breast lift surgery.  Best Wishes!!

Bra lift surgery?

Thank you for your question.  I'm not sure what a "bra lift surgery" is.  I've also never seen scars in that position except for massive weight loss patients with significant skin excess as part of an upper body lift.  You do not appear to be such a patient.  I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options for scar revision and breast lift.  It will be challenging to revise your scars given their extreme width...but not impossible.