Not sure what I have- raised, skin colored bump. Best method for removal? (photo)

see photos- wondering what best method of removal is. Not sure if it's a mole or cyst. Had it a while and it's gradually gotten bigger. Best method of removal? What kind of scar or coloring is left? Can a derm doc do this? Would insurance cover it, if so? How long for healing after procedure ?

Some moles are shaved flat and some excised.

Unfortunately insurance doesn't cover most harmless mole removals for cosmetic reasons but it still is worth getting it done to look better.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Upper lip "bump"

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend seeing a dermatologic surgeon for this skin lesion.  Likely, they will recommend shave removal which leaves minimal scarring.  The "bump" should be sent to pathology for evaluation.

Michael A. Trauner, MD
Sacramento Dermatologist

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

I suggest seeing an expert, this can be treated easily in the office with shave/dessiccation, radiowave, or laser.  Best, Dr. Emer